In the Name of God

This blog is going to refer to the Mayo so often that I decided I want to show you a photo.

The picture was taken by Alejandra Platt.

Info for ordering a set of 10 photographic prints, entitled "In the Name of God," can be found on her website:

http://www.alejandraplatt.blogspot.com/

I met Alejandra during the annual music festival here in Alamos when she visited my studio with my friend Fernando. Later I ran into her at a late night concert downtown, where she was taking pictures. I tried to draw her out to talk about her experience of travelling around Mexico for 6 years taking photos of indigenous people, to no avail.

No matter. I love her work.

Here's her artist's statement for her exhibition: "My search within this complex of life is to know what I do not know... What I pine and long to demonstrate with this photographic exposition is the admiration I possess for my race... and offer to you these photographs as a homage to the suffering that we still continue to cause without even knowing that we do not know."

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

yasmin lawsuit